A Jabulani Father’s Day Malva Cookie Recipe
Compliments of Head Chef, Alex we bring you a special treat to make for Dad (and yourself) or another special loved one you’d like to show your thanks to this Father’s Day… Time to get baking! Add a hot cup of coffee, maybe make it a mocha and add in chocolate, cinnamon and melted marshmallows (and a shot of Amarula!) to serve with your plate of these delicious South African favourites:
Marvelous Malva Cookies
8 Cups Cake flour
4 Cups Sugar
25ml Bicarbonate of soda
1 Cup Apricot Jam
- Mix the flour, butter and sugar together
- Whisk the eggs, bicarbonate of soda and apricot jam together and add the flour mixture and mix until combined
- Let it sit for 45 minutes
- Roll into small bite-size balls of about 3cm wide and tall and place on a prepared baking tray – well-spaced out so that they don’t touch each other when baking. Do not press them down.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes on 180°C
- Let them cool down and then they’re ready to enjoy. Mixture makes about 300 small cookies.